This policy applies to all library equipment as appropriate. Holmes County Public Library will not provide email accounts. PPLCS and the member libraries shall have no liability for direct, indirect, or consequential damages related to the use of information accessed through the internet service.
and WI-FI USE POLICY
The Holmes County Public Library (HCPL) will provide Internet access free of charge to the public HCPL may monitor the unauthorized activities of individual users but has not control over the information accessed through the internet and cannot be held responsible for content.
Individual users must accept responsibility for determining the suitability of content for themselves and their children.
All users of the internet must sign in and out on the computer log and use is limited to one hour if someone is waiting for a computer. Young adults (12-16) must have a signed permission slip for their parent/guardian. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
ALL USERS MUST SIGN THE ACCEPTABLE USE AGREEMENT
Internet computers may only be used for legal purposes. Users must respect the legal protections to data and software provided by copyright and license laws.
UNACCEPTABLE USE INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Viewing materials that would be considered obscene by local community standards.
- Violating copyright or software licenses.
- Altering, damaging, deleting or modifying the installed hardware, software or programs.
- Accessing programs, apps, control panel, computer set up, or dos.
- Using the computers to attempt unauthorized entry into other computers or networks
- Disrupting or interfering with other computers, networks, users, services, or equipment.
- Committing any offense listed in Florida Statute 815ET SEQ.
- Using the internet to transmit obscene, threatening or harassing materials, or spam.
- Deliberate propagation of computer worms or viruses.
- Use of personal software or downloading to the hard drive without prior approval.
- Illegal or unethical activities.
- Disconnecting Library equipment from any computer device.
- Connecting any device to the computers without permission.
- Misrepresenting one self.